Author Tracey Hammond shares 10 Tips to clearer skin
Tracey is the owner, founder and creator of EarthSentials Beauty Academy and EarthSentials Natural Skin Management, Tracey is an international qualified beauty and spa trainer and assessor who has been published in multiple magazines worldwide. Tracey’s passion is for cosmetic chemistry and understanding the skin, as well as her work over 17 years along side naturopaths, health retreat doctors and other health & wellness specialists has driven her to pass on her knowledge to help others who need assistance with their skin and body.
Tracey launched EarthSentials in 1997 and has written many research papers on different skin conditions.
At some stage in all of our lives, we want clearer, fresher, younger-looking skin. Well, it can be achieved without dropping a ton of money and it can happen naturally! What you must do is persevere and over the course of three weeks, your skin will begin to look fresher and clearer. There are some real ‘life saver’ things you need to do to support your skin from the inside to ensure you are giving it the best chance to be clear.
Firstly understand that the main reasons for skin break-outs are:-
- Genetics – unfortunately if it runs in your family there is a higher risk you will also have this skin condition
- Hormones – this is a big one, and without going into all the technical details (which I will cover in a different blog), if you are a teenager or your hormones are imbalanced you are also at a higher risk. There are things you can do for this though from the inside:- Use Natures Own Hair skin and nails formula, Take Saw Palmetto tablet internally and Dr Schuessler Tissue salt for acne are what I highly recommended.
Also make sure you are having Essential fatty acid tablets like Evening Primrose oil for girls and Omega 3, 6 for boys everyday to have healthy cell membrane. If you don’t like tablets you can use Flaxseed oil, 2 tablespoons per day dribbled over salad.
Here’s how you can have clearer skin;
- Keeping your skin clean is your first priority! You must cleanse your face morning and night with a gentle, natural cleanser that not only rids the skin of dirt and grime but then treats it with an antibacterial ingredient like tea tree oil.
- After cleansing the skin pat dry and then spray a fine toning mist over the face to cool and hydrate the skin. Let this mist dry on the face.
- When the toner has dried apply a very small amount of moisturizer over the entire face and neck. Look for a moisturizer that is made for problem skin types and contains antibacterial ingredients like tea tree oil and lavender essential oil. These ingredients are gentle but very effective at clearing the skin from blemishes and pimples.
- Getting the right amount of restful sleep your body needs nightly will reflect in the state of your skin. Seven hours is generally adequate. Not enough sleep over a period of time will result in problems that are hard to cure such as saggy skin under the eyes and dark circles.
- The food you eat is of the utmost importance for healthy, clear skin! Make sure you are getting a good amount of fresh fruits and vegetables and limit your red meat intake to three or four times a week. Foods that are easily digested will help your system keep your skin nourished and promote fresh, new cell growth. Drink lots and lots of water too! And stay off sugary drinks like Up and go, and also anything with too much milk just for the first 3 weeks to see the improvement.
- Cleanse the skin on your body and face with a weekly scrub. When using a body scrub, start at your feet and work towards the heart, this helps eliminate toxins. Doing it in the opposite direction will push the toxins back into your system. Use a very gentle facial scrub on your face and neck as these areas can be easily damaged.
- Try an Aspirin face mask! This mask is having fantastic results on those people with open pores, pimples, and acne. Crush about 15 aspirin tablets to a powder mix to a paste with a little water, less than 1 teaspoon, and then apply to a cleansed face. Leave for twenty minutes to work its way into the skin and then rinse off and apply a light moisturizer. Try this weekly, after a face scrub. Alternatively is 15 tablets is just too much, then use a clay based mask for your skin weekly. Try adding to the clay mask some Bicarb of Soda to balance and soften your skins pH.
- Once a month use a home steam treatment to thoroughly draw out impurities from the face. Add boiling water to a basin or bowl and add two drops of tea tree oil. Place your face over this with a towel covering and gently let the steam open and cleanse the pores. Be careful not to let the steam burn your face. Finish with a tepid face wash.
- Get out into the fresh air and take a walk, swim in the sea, ride a bike, and have fun! The exercise will boost your system and your skin will love it.
- Take a fish oil supplement daily. Cultures that eat a lot of fish have clearer skin and the fish oil helps eliminate toxins from the body and by now you know that is fantastic for your skin!
These ten easy tips will help you get that clear skin you so desperately want, remember to make the lifestyle changes you need to and enjoy the benefits that will come with it!
A fresher, clearer, more youthful-looking complexion.
Our exquisite Natural skin care, offers a ‘prescription range’ developed just for your skin type and condition. EarthSentials are free from artificial preservatives, colouring, fragrances, perfumes, synthetic chemicals & bulk fillers. We take great pride in our products which are prepared in small batches to keep the vitamins, botanicals & active ingredients as fresh as possible. Only the best anti-oxidants and natural preservatives are used. We stand by our commitment to “care for our earth”. EarthSentials are NOT tested on animals.
If you would like to know more about EarthSentials Natural Skin Management products and how they can help with your skin concerns, visit our products page https://www.earthsentials.com.au/about-earthsentials/ or fill out our Skin consultation form here > https://www.earthsentials.com.au/consultation/ we can then contact you and discuss your skin conditions and concerns with you and set a skin care health plan to bring your skin back to the healthy, youthful and glowing skin you desire.