Don’t let your SKIN go to cactus this season!
4 STEPS TO HELP KEEP DRY SKIN HYDRATED
Helping dry skin look hydrated and refreshed needs an integral approach where you are working with both your internal health and your external beauty regime.
You need to be committed to making a difference because if you let your skin gets too dry, the integrity of the skin will be diminished and other conditions may present, such as dehydration, premature ageing, folliculitis, dermatitis and so much more. You don’t want that to happen, so get started and be diligent to sticking to this program.
STEP 1:- INTERNAL TREATMENT WITH OIL AND WATER
- OIL – EFA’s (essential fatty acids) are crucial for the health of your skin, and each cell membrane. It cannot be created by the body, so we need to take it internally every day. The best skin oils to take daily for dry skin and for skin health are (choose one of the following):
- Fish Oils – Omega 3, 6 – tablets
- Evening Primrose oil – tablets
- Flaxseed oil – liquid, keep in the fridge and make into a salad/veggie dressing and use 2 tablespoons per day over your salad or veggies. See below for Tracey’s Flaxseed Salad dressing recipe
- WATER intake – make sure you drink 2 litres per day and if you find you go to the toilet more, then your body is not holding onto the water. The best trick for this is to add 10% apple juice to the water (the sugar in the fructose will help hold the water in the body longer to be used more, unless you are fructose intolerant)
STEP 2:- EXTERNAL BODY PREPERATION
Do a body exfoliation weekly with our EarthSentials Body Polishing Gel Wash (sodium lauryl sulphate free) and body scrub in the shower with an exfoliation mitt.
STEP 3:- EXTERNAL SOOTHING LAVENDER BODY OIL (water-soluble oil)
Daily before a shower or bath, apply a thin layer of our EarthSentials Soothing Lavender body oil all over the skin. The warm water along with the water-soluble oil formula will keep the skin plump and hydrated and not let the water dry it out. Use a Sodium Lauryl Sulphate free shower wash or pH balanced soap on the skin. For more information on my pH soap tests I have performed or to purchased EarthSentials shower gels, contact our office.
Apply the Soothing Lavender Body Oil after the shower over a slightly damp skin to trap the water in.
STEP 4:- EXTERNAL NATURAL BODY MOISTURISER with formula
Let us custom formulate our EarthSentials Natural Body Moisturiser for you specific to your skin and needs, and then apply this moisturiser with Shea butter and Calendula over the skin twice a day.
Flaxseed salad dressing recipe:-
Half Flaxseed oil to Half Balsamic vinegar into a salad dressing bottle
Tsp of mustard
Tsp of Lemon
½ – 1 Tsp of herbs to taste such as Oregano for Italian salad dressing
1 Bay leaf
Keep in the fridge and shake before use, using 2 Tablespoons over your salad of veggies daily.
EarthSentials 400 Gympie Road, Strathpine, QLD 4500 Ph: 07 38811977 E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: www.earthsentials.com.au